Sunday, July 25, 2010

Laura Mercier Primer and Foundation

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
Color: N/A
Cost: $30.00
Where To Find: Nordstrom, Sephora

Laura Mercier SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free
Color: Fawn.  Also comes in Porcelain, Nude, Bisque, Sand, Tan, Almond, Caramel, Walnut, Mocha
Cost: $42.00
Where To Find: Nordstrom, Sephora

During the summer, I switch my foundation (Make Up Forever Matte Foundation) to a SPF tinted moisturizer.  Why?  Well, we're more prone to sweat and more exposed to the sun.  So a thick photo finish foundation probably isn't the best solution.  Because it's so hot and humid (especially in DC), heavier foundations tend to melt with your sweat; and if you've read my bronzer post, you'll see that heavy foundation isn't a good pairing with bronzers.  In the summer, it's best to use "lighter" products or to find 2-in-1 products.

Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer is very light.  I have combination skin, and this primer works well on my skin.  The products has a watery, gel-like formula, so it applies on pretty easily.  With all primers, always wait a minute or two for the primer to set in before applying foundation.  Depending on your skin type, you might want to try out oil-free or hydrating primers.

Laura Mercier's SPF 20 Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer is great for the summer!  Since it's a moisturizer and my skin care line also has a moisturizer, I apply a very small amount of my skin care moisturizer, so that my face isn't over moisturized when I apply the tinted moisturizer.  Laura Mercier's line of tinted moisturizers all contain SPF 20; and they come in three different versions - regular, oil-free, and illuminating.  With one product, I got my moisturizer, my foundation, and my sun protection.  For $42, it's a good deal!

I love the flat tubes because it's easy to store in a makeup bag or purse.

For application of the tinted moisturizer, you can either use a sponge or your finger.

For those of you who still prefer more coverage even in the summer, you can use Laura Mercier's Foundation Powder on top of the tinted moisturizer.  I usually only add this if it's a special occasion (Gotta be ready for photos! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment