Thursday, April 19, 2012

Be Bright and Bold!

Chillin at work before I saw Mayer Hawthorne's
How Do You Do show at the 9:30 Club! Wearing
my shades because of my allergies.
Spring 2012 is all about being bright and bold.  You've probably seen neons making a comeback as well some fun tribal patterns.  Even the usual pastel colors got a makeover with all sorts of different hues.  While tangerine tango has been designated as the color for Spring, I thought I'd stick to a color I love wearing but where it bright and bold!

The NARS spring collection came out with this shocking matte pink shade, called Schiap.  I think this color is perfect for spring and summer!  I've worn it when going out at night, but it works for the daytime too.  I usually wear neutral colors for work - black, gray, khaki, cream.  This bright pink lipstick adds just the right amount of pop!  My only issue is this lipstick isn't a long lasting one.

I pair the lipstick with Makeup Forever's Lipliner in 16C Fuschia.  It matches really well with Schiap.  

NARS matte lipstick sells for $24, but if you want a wonderful alternative, Stila's Long Wear Lip Color in Exhilarating is a few bucks cheaper and is nearly identical in color and matte formula.

Me at Disneyworld's Magig Kingdom!
Wearing NARS' Schiap shade, which matched
my Longchamp tote and Minnie ears!
Minnie all grown up ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment