Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Urban Decay's De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

Last year, I reviewed Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray, and I still love the product, but I thought I'd try another one in their line of setting sprays.  UD's De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray is targeted for those who have oily skin (that's me!).  The product has a fresh scent, like a very light hairspray scent.  It absorbs and dries very quickly that you only feel the product for maybe two to three seconds!  After that, I don't feel like I added another layer of product.  Very lightweight!  My makeup stays put quite well with this product on, and in the summer months, I think this is a must-have!

I also tried De-Slick as a primer; it works pretty well!  I applied it in a small area on my face to see if there would be a difference between using an actual primer or the setting spray.  A 2-in-1 product!  If you're going to use it as your main primer, I recommend using a sponge to spread the product evenly.  Because the mist dries up really quickly, you have to have that sponge ready to gently spread/blot the product evenly on your face!  I'm definitely a primer user, so I won't be using this De-Slick on a regular basis, but if I'm trying to consolidate my makeup for traveling or if I'm in a hurry and had to grab just a few items to apply while commuting, I'd definitely consider making this my primer/setting spray!

Application:
1. Spray about 6 inches away from face in a 'T' or 'X' motion.
2. Spray about 2-3 times.
3. If you feel like you sprayed too much mist in one area, grab a sponge and blot excess product around face.
4. If using as a primer, spray product and spread product using a sponge.  A Kabuki brush would work too, but it should clean of other products; thus, you would need to buy at least one Kabuki brush.  Sponges are way cheaper!  It's up to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment