Thursday, May 19, 2011

My complimentary Sephora makeover

I was so excited when I received an e-mail from Sephora for a complimentary V.I.B. makeover!  All I had to do was call my local Sephora (Montgomery Mall, Bethesda) to schedule an appointment.  No purchase necessary!  That didn't matter, I still walked out of the store with several purchases.  If you don't know, Sephora does do makeovers everyday all year round (by appointment); however, there is a $50 purchase.  But my makeover was a free May event just for being a V.I.B. member.


I asked for an everyday/workday look that would be easy to change into a dinner/happy hour look.  My makeup artist, Elyse, said it was totally easy!  How easy?  Just adding one more eyeshadow for a subtle smokey eye and a touch up on the eyeliner.  The photo shows the smokey eye already done.  I wish I took a picture of me before she did it, because the look was perfect for everyday.

Elyse was awesome!  She introduced me to tarte cosmetics (officially a fan!) and to Benefits' skincare line (I was a skeptic about their skincare line, only because they're more of a cosmetics line).  She offered great tips for application too.  Stay tuned for future posts on the products I am now using!

No comments:

Post a Comment