Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bumble and Bumble arrives at Sephora!

What a coincidence that when I went for my haircut last Friday, they used Bumble and Bumble and just when I was going to research places nearby that I can purchase their products, Sephora announces their arrival to their stores and website!  When I went for my overdue haircut, I left with Bumble and Bumble's styling creme and Rockaholic dry shampoo (look out for this post).  Typical me, I told myself I'll buy their shampoo later when I finish my current shampoo.  I should've just bought it right there in the salon, because I noticed my bottle was running low when I got home!

Ok, so I have pretty fine straight hair, so my hair was washed with Bumble and Bumble's seaweed line.  I can't wait to buy it and use it on a regular basis.

Bumble and Bumble Styling Creme
Retail price: $24.00
Where to find: PR@Partners salons, Sephora, Sephora.com, Bumble and Bumble website

I am mostly a wash-n-go kind of person.  I like easy (and lazy!).  So, I rarely dabble in the complexity of using the right styling products.  Hairspray vs. mousse? Cream vs. gel?  Yea, I'm not good at that (yet).  But in the spirit of becoming a better me, which includes my appearance, I decided with this haircut, I'm going to give my hair the TLC it needs.  So, the hairstylist at PR@Partners in DC, Josh, (whom I totally recommend!) suggested that I try Bumble and Bumble's Styling Creme.  It works well on people with fine hair; it doesn't leave your hair greasy at all.  Now of course, people's hair looks and smells amazing right after a salon visit.  The real test is when you have to do it all by yourself!

It's been a few days, and I love the styling creme!  I have pretty long days, and I hate it when my hair feels greasy or oily at the end of the day because of product.  But, so far, I've gone home feeling like I could even skip a day of hair washing.  I only use a dime size of the creme and run my hands through my hair and blowdry.  I could work on my blowdrying skills, but for what I need my hair to be to brave the long days, it works pretty well!  Bumble and Bumble have been around since the 1970s.  I can't believe I've only heard of them now.


I also bought Rockaholic dry shampoo which is to be used for the in-between-hair-washing days, hangover mornings, or post-gym-no-time-to-shower-yet days.  My hair is still relatively fresh from a salon, so maintenance has been quite low (wink).  When I start getting super lazy with my hair, you'll see a post about this product! haha.



Photo credits:
Bumble and Bumble styling creme at Sephora http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P280533&categoryId=C24070

No comments:

Post a Comment