Monday, April 25, 2011

Sugar Lips vs. Satin Lips



Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish (Limited Edition) and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15
Retail Price: $22.50 each
Where to find:  Sephora, Sephora.com

Mary Kay Lip Mask and Lip Balm
Retail Price: $9.50 each (price subject to consultant)
Where To Find: Search a consultant near you Find a MK Consultant

I first saw Fresh Sugar Lip products on the Doctors show on CBS.  Before trying Fresh's products, I was using Mary Kay's Satin Lips Treatment.  Both have the same concept: one for exfoliating your lips and the second product for the lip balm treatment.
I actually like Mary Kay's Satin Lips Lip Mask.  And it is cheaper than Fresh's lip treatment products.  I may have $25 for both Mary Kay's Lip Mask and Balm.  But as a beauty junkie, I am always looking for new stuff.  When I first researched Fresh's lip treatment products, I thought it was really expensive.  Nearly $23 for each item.  My ever reliable Burt's Bees lip balm only costs me $4!  I was hesitant about buying them, but when I got my Sephora V.I.B. invitation and coupon, I thought this would be the best time to buy them.

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish
LIKE
-Consistency (huge sugar crystals) really exfoliates your lips
-The light scent of brown sugar is quite pleasant

DISLIKE
-A little messy; need a damp cotton pad to take it off, and it takes a few wipes before it's all off.
-Container is a small tub - quite bulky


LIKE
-One light wipe will clean it off
-Comes in a small convenient tube.
DISLIKE (not necessarily a huge turn off, just for comparison purposes)
-No scent, and the texture is more fine and little chalky, but your lips still feel exfoliated.



Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
LIKE
-Very light consistency
-Scent is refreshing
-The container is a solid and secure light screw top
-SPF 15
DISLIKE
-Although it is hydrating, one application does not last long enough; I had to apply several times a day

Mary Kay's Lip Balm
LIKE
-Light consistency
-One application seems to last longer.
DISLIKE
-no SPF (although MKoffer tinted lip balms and color with SPF)


They are all fabulous products, but here are my choices:

The Fresh Sugar Lip Polish and Mary Kay Lip Mask are equal to me as far as getting the job done.  It comes down to how much I'm willing to spend.

As far as the Lip Treatment/Balm, I like both, but I think I would just use my Burt's Bees Lip Balm.  One, it's cheap.  Two, it hydrates and lasts long.  Three, SPF included.

Pick one lip exfoliating product and use your favorite lip balm following exfoliation.  (Save yourself $10-23!)

Let me know what your favorite combo is!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment