Monday, June 20, 2011

'The Body Shop' Shopping Spree!

Top: Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover (2), Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser,
Tea Tree Exfoliating pads, Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion.
Bottom: DeoDry deodorant (2), Shea Body Butter, Eye Makeup palette
Last weekend, I went to The Body Shop because 1) I needed to refill on my tea tree face wash and 2) I've been wanting to try their deodorant, DeoDry.  And boy, did I shop and save!!!  As I went around the store picking up my essentials, the BOGO ("Buy One, Get One") deals started popping up everywhere.
The DeoDry was only $5.00, and it was a buy get one free.  Then most Tea Tree facial Skin Clearing products were $8.00 each (usually $15-18)!  I got my my face wash and the Tea Tree exfoliating pads.  I got the Blemish Fade Night Lotion and Shea Body Butter, the only non-sale items in my basket

When the young lady behind the counter rang up my stuff, it came out to ~$48.00.  Since I'm a Love Your Body club member (which I recently got for $5 instead of $10!), I can get a free product if I reach $50.  So I asked the employee what I could buy that was 5.00 or less.  She said, "try this eyeshadow makeup palette.  It's on sale for $5 bucks".  Since I've never tried Body Shop makeup, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try them out.

For my free product, I picked the Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover (I just finished my Sephora one and was in search for a new one).  And it turned out that the eye makeup remover was also a BOGO!  So, essentially, I got two free items!  Actually, if you include all the BOGO products, I got three free items!

Oh, it gets better!  As a Love Your Body club member, I also get a 10% discount every visit!  So much did I actually save?



$52.45!!!!!!!!!!  My total was $56.76  (9 items total - 6 sale/full-price and 3 free).  My savings almost added up to my actual total.  What am I going to do with all the extra products?

-The extra Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover, I plan on giving as part of a friend's gift.
-The Tea Tree Exfoliating Pads is going to my gym locker.
-The extra DeoDry deodorant is also going into my gym locker.

I asked the lady at the counter how long these awesome deals will last, and she said through the first week in July!  So there's time for you to shop and save at The Body Shop!

Look out for future posts on these products!  For a past post on their face wash, check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment