Tuesday, June 28, 2011

NYC Smooch Proof 16H Lip Stain

I'm starting to like NYC New York Color a lot.  They have great swatches from eyeshadow to lip color.  I decided to try their lip stain.  I got the NYC Smooch Proof 16H Lip Stain in Berry Long Time.  The product has a stiff applicator, just like a felt-tip marker from the good ole school days.  What I like about the color is that you can go from sheer to intense.
I tried a shade in between sheer and intense with the Berry Long Time (see pics below).  Unfortunately, the 16H (short for 16 hours) claim did not hold.  The color stayed for about two and a half hours.  It pretty much faded by the minute after that.

Berry Long Time and Never Ending Nude are great colors, and I really don't mind the reapplication since I'm used to it with other lip colors; it's just unfortunate that the product didn't live up to its claims.  This lip stain costs $4.99 (plus tax) each, so I hardly broke the bank with these.

If you're on a movie date, you can, at least count on your lips being smooch proof by the end of the movie (even after some concessions) ;)

Here I am with NYC Lip Stain in Berry Long Time (one coat).  Excuse the pseudo-messy look (below), I'm still waking up and getting over an eye allergy and a cold.  My eye cream, de-puffer, and concealer can't make the physical effects of an internal allergy/cold go away - just rest and meds.

Tip: Apply a little bit of lip balm before and after applying the lip stain.  I find that lip stains, in general, make your lips feel dry.   So keep your lip balm handy when using one!

No comments:

Post a Comment