Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Huffington Post's "How To Talk To Little Girls" - My two cents and some tunes

Huffington Post - Lisa Bloom: "How To Talk To Little Girls"
     I'm posting my Potpourri Wednesday just a few hours early.  This article from the Huffington Post really interested me.  It discusses how society teaches girls at a young age to care about their looks with the compliments we give to little girls regarding their general appearance when they are as little as five years old.  I agree with this article.  Today's world focuses on appearances way too much.  A lot of reality shows portray women who can't make life decisions, yet can spend hours on makeup and follow fashion trends.  You might be thinking, "Well, you do write a beauty blog..."  Yes, I write about beauty products and trends and what not.  But I would never ask any of you to change the person you are.  We are all beautiful in our own way.  I think of makeup and skincare and everything in between as part of everyone's strive to live a good quality of life.  Healthy skin, and with that a healthy appearance, is important to our well-being.  Does that we mean we need to conform to stereotypes just to get a compliment out of peers.  No.  You should look and feel the way that makes you the happiest.  If that means sporting your favorite color as your eyeshadow, then go for it!
     My beauty blog is a way to share the products that I find have worked for me and have helped me look my personal best - not someone else's best.  I try to give guidance whenever I can based on my experiences with certain products, in hopes that maybe you, as a reader, can skip the trials and errors and make better decisions.  In the long run, once you've got your makeup/skincare regiment down, you can focus on bigger things like education, world news, travel, helping others.  For me, brains and beauty must always go together.  And by beauty, I mean truly feeling good on the inside and out and taking good care of your health.  I could go on and on about this topic, but I won't.  I want my blog to be a platform to share experiences from the world of makeup but also a place where you can find things that keep you alive and well - things that make you smile...and blush! (cheesy, I know, haha)



Here are some feel-good songs that I enjoy listening to - feeling good about yourself and enjoying the ride called life :)


What You Are - Jewel
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
The Beauty In Ugly - Jason Mraz
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
Fast Cars and Freedom - Rascal Flatts
Unpretty - TLC
I Hope You Dance - LeeAn Womack
So Small - Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment